Vata dosha is comprised of the air & ether elements.
What according to you are qualities of air and ether ?
Are they :
– light or heavy ?
– Hot or cold ?
– Static or mobile?
– Dry or moist ?
Air & Ether are both inherently light, dry, cold, mobile & flowing. You can now imagine a vata body type. Vata people also comprise these gunas of these elements (mahabhutas).
A vata type reflects the air & ether qualities in their physical, mental & emotional bodies.
Vata Body Type – Irregular, sometimes thin with long bones or sometimes vata manifests as a pear-shaped figure cold hands and feet, vata types have difficulty gaining weight.
Vata Skin Type – Dry skin, curly/kinky hair
Vata Hair Type – Vata hair type are generally wavy in pattern, the scalp and hair tissues are dehydrated which further makes the hair texture rough.The vata hair type are thinner than a sewing thread and are normal black or brown color.Vata hair type people tend to have dry scalp and scaly dandruff.
Vata’s Personality- Personality is restless, adventurous, dreamy, bubbly & charismatic.
Vata’s Soul – is creative, artistic & inspires others. They love movement, change & like to try new things. They are always moving.
IF VATA IS IMBALANCE There excess movement & motion in the body & mind and this may lead to anxiety, overwhelm, restless, hyper activeness, insomnia. They often lead to irregular digestion -tending towards bloating, discomfort, and constipation.
In the skin, imbalance can be seen & felt as dry, rough, thin, fine lines or pores, premature aging & wrinkles.
Our range of Vata products posses such and ingredients, which help to balance vata dosha. Vata body wash comprises of botanical blends and aromatic therapies to counter the effects of vata imbalance, our range of products will help in providing moisture, strength, warmth & nourishment to dry &/or mature skin.
To know more about ingredients visit the ingredient page.
TIPS FOR RADIANT VATA SKIN
- Avoid raw and cold foods.
- Eat warm, unctuous, well-spiced foods prepared in healthy oils such as ghee. Herbs like turmeric, cumin and nutmeg are excellent for pacifying vata.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to promote peristaltic action in the large intestine.
- Stay warm. Always bring a sweater and avoid cold, dry environments.
- Routine is key for keeping vata in balance, thus developing daily routines is necessary.
- Create a yoga practice that emphasizes grounding movement through postures like Tree Pose and Child’s Pose. Move slowly and gently.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice. Start with just 5 minutes a day and slowly move towards 20-30 minutes per day.
- Take warm baths with essential oils of lavender and sandalwoodto calm the nervous system and mental body.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Vata Body Oil to keep the skin tissue supple and moisturized.
- Drink Triphala at night to support healthy elimination and tonification of the colon.
- Use our Vata Skincare Ritual morning and evening to experience the benefits of Ayurvedic skincare formulated just for dry, vata type skin.