Pitta dosha is comprised of fire and water elements, with fire being predominant.
What according to you are qualities of fire and water ?
Are fire and water:
– light or heavy?
– oily or dry?
– hot or cold?
– static or flowing?
Fire and water are both inherently hot, light, sharp, penetrating ,spreading and flowing. Fire is oily n non of them is dry.You can now imagine a pitta body type. Pitta people also comprise these gunas of these elements (mahabhutas).
A pitta type reflects the water & fire qualities in their physical, mental & emotional bodies.
Pitta Body Type –Medium frame andathletic build, warm bodies. They tend to sweat easily, have warm hands and feet, and a fast digestion. If weight is gained, it is easy to lose.
Pitta Skin Type – Generally oily, when in balance, pitta skin has a rosy, dewy glow. Pitta skin is delicate, naturally warm in temperature & can have freckles, beauty marks &/or moles. Hair is straight, thin, and shiny with a tendency for premature graying.
Pitta Hair Type – Pitta hair type are straight, smooth and silky, if pitta dosha is in balance then these are the most healthy type of hair. The pitta hair type is equivalent to the thickness of a sewing thread and are normally reddish in color. The scalp of pitta balanced people is very healthy and moderately moisturised. If imbalanced it may be prone to acne and itchy dandruff due to greasy scalp.
Pitta’s Personality – tend to be a natural born leader, who is passionate and courageous. They communicate directly. To some, their clear communication can come off as sharp or curt; however, pitta types feel like they are just being clear and getting to the point. Pitta types value organization and completion of tasks is a must. When they are in balance, they have a beautiful blend of the fire and water elements which displays in a powerful, compassionate nature, inspiring others to achieve their goals. The unofficial mascot of pitta dosha is a lion.
Pitta’s soul – penetrating ideas, sharp intelligence.They also tend to be driven and alert. They are focused and determined and like to be challenged. Theses people demand attention and will protect their loved ones with a fiercely loyal love.
If Pitta Dosha is Imbalance It manifests as excess heated conditions and emotions. In the body, there is a tendency for hyperacidity, ulcers and inflammation. In the mind, excess pitta leads to irritability, jealousy, impatience, a judgmental attitude and anger.
In the skin, imbalance can be described as sensitive, oily in the T-Zone areas & can also be prone to acne & blemishes. Rosacea, broken capillaries & redness. Wrinkles tend to be most predominant in between the eyes.
Pitta body wash comprises of botanical blends and aromatic therapies to counter the effects of pitta imbalance ,our range of products will help in providing cooling and relaxing effects to calm and soothe your body. Our range of products helps to keep you cool, refreshed and nourished.
To know more about ingredients visit the ingredient page.
TIPS FOR RADIANT PITTA SKIN
- Avoid spicy, fried, overly oily foods, caffeine and alcohol.
- Combine foods with herbs that will cool the digestive tract such as cumin, coriander and fennel.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to cleanse and detoxify the skin and internal organs.
- Create a yoga practice that emphasizes forward folds and twists to cool & calm. Move slowly and gently. Avoid heating yoga and heated yoga classes.
- Engage in calming activities like walks in nature and spending time with loved ones instead of competitive activities.
- Cultivate a daily meditation practice. Start with just 5 minutes a day and slowly move towards 20-30 minutes per day.
- Take warm baths in the moonlight with essential oils of peppermint, lavender and geranium to soothe and cool the nervous system & mental body.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Pitta Body Oil to keep the skin tissue healthy and calm.