Kapha Dosha is made of the earth and water elements.
What according to you are qualities of earth and water?
– light or heavy?
– hot or cold?
– dense or flowing? – sharp or dull?
– static or mobile?
Earth and water are both by nature: dense, heavy, cold, static and dull. You can now imagine a kapha body type. kapha people also comprise these gunas of these elements (mahabhutas).
A kapha type reflects the earth & water qualities in their physical, mental & emotional bodies.
Kapha Body Type – Larger build., They tend to be strong, Solid and sometimes stocky with great stamina and endurance. . It is very easy for kapha-types to gain weight and also hard for them to lose it.
Kapha Skin Type – Kapha skin types have classically pale or rich olive skin, that is smooth, soft & lustrous. Their skin is usually cold, clammy, and oily, and their eyes large and thick lips. They have large features: abundant hair.
Kapha Hair Type – Kapha hair type are curly, lustrous and oily. The scalp produces too much sebum. The hair strands are thick and coarse. Kapha people may tend to have moderate dandruff. In Kapha hair type, the eumelanin is produced in larger amounts, which gives it the jet black color.
Kapha’s Personality – Sweet, loving and loyal tend to stick to things for long. They are the people at the party or social gathering making sure everyone else is okay. They will make sure your drink is full, you have eaten and you are not too hot or nor cold.They are also solid, steady and enjoy routine. The unofficial mascot of kaphadosha is an elephant. They move slowly.
Kapha’s Soul – have open hearts and have a natural compassion for others.
IF KAPHA IS IMBALANCE When kapha is out of balance, in the physical body, there can be weight gain, excess mucous, lethargy and nausea associated in the digestive tract. Stubbornness and attachment may become an issue in the emotional body.
Imbalanced kapha skin becomes sluggish, may feel damp or a little oily & be prone to blackheads or congestion, including breakouts blackheads around the cheeks & cheekbone, up into the hair line & above the ears.
Kapha skin has a generous amount of collagen that wards off premature wrinkles and signs of aging.
kapha range of products comprises of botanical blends and aromatic therapies to counter the effects of kapha imbalance, our range of products will help in revitalize, invigorate & replenish your skin, control the excess oil secretion in t zone area, also keep skin nourished to avoid pre mature ageing.
TIPS FOR RADIANT KAPHA SKIN
- Avoid processed sugars, oily and/or fried foods and all dairy. These foods will congest the skin.
- Combine foods with spicy, dry and pungent herbs that will stimulate agni (your digestive fire). Herbs like Cayenne, Cinnamon and Black Pepper are ideal options.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning to cleanse and detoxify the skin and increase agni.
- Exercise. Cardio workouts are great for kapha-types.
- Practice yoga that is flowing and heating. Bikram, Ashtanga and Vinyasa Yoga are ideal as well as rapid sun salutations and heart openers like Camel Pose and Fish Pose.
- Practice the art of letting go. Clean out your closet, let go of attachments that are weighing you down.
- Perform self-massage daily with our Kapha Body Oil to keep the skin activated and circulation pumping.
- Use our Kapha Skincare Ritual morning and evening to experience the benefits of a skincare line formulated just for you and your unique needs.
- Try our Kapha Reducing Ayurvedic Ginger Bath Salt Recipe to detoxify the skin.